Director IT Implementation
Posted on Sep 5, 2020 by Geodis
The Director IT Implementation position is responsible for leading strategic and tactical activities related to business system solution implementations, and on-going supervision of Implementation Managers and leads. This role includes the day to day oversight of the team responsible for delivering these solutions to meet or exceed customers' and internal business partners' requirements. This role acts as a project leader on internal team initiatives.
GEODIS is one of the world's largest leading Supply Chain Operators! At GEODIS, we create with you an infinite amount of career opportunities. As a GEODIAN, you will work hands on with products from hundreds of customers in different industries - retail, healthcare, technology, and more - all within our warehouse distribution centers located globally.
No matter what position you're in, you will find yourself contributing to the development and success of your career and our customers.
The points below highlight the Director IT Implementation duties:
- Manages resources and projects to ensure deadlines and requirements are met
- Provides input to strategic decisions relative to the Company's IT solution portfolio
- Maintains workstream level updates for leadership
- Perform workload analysis to effectively prioritize and assign project requests
- Possesses technical and business implication knowledge of configuration strategies relative to application solutions supported
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of all internal team standards and ensures that team members adhere to these processes when executing their duties
- Participates in strategies for estimating implementation costs, timelines, and models.
- Workstream representation during the new business sales cycle, and capability to act as the IT sponsor for an existing client.
- Drives the recruiting process for the team including a final hiring manager decision after manager / Sr. Manager interview rounds.
- Prepares performance reviews, job family and compensation initiatives.
- Leads actions from employee satisfaction surveys
- Analyzes complex and at times ambiguous customer and business partner requirements in order to effectively implement and support business systems solutions
- Executes implementation processes for new customers and conversions by applying systems implementation concepts and principles
- Recommends configuration strategies for a predefined IT solution(s) that meet or exceed the requirements of our customers and business partners
- Develops new processes to leverage functionality within the IT solutions to deliver enhanced logistics capabilities and services to our clients
- Collaborates with other departments on integrated new business, conversions, or IT application rollouts
- Ensures that new implementations meet or exceed customer service goals
- Provides scheduled updates to customers and other stake holders
- Ensures processes are design for quality on new account handoffs to support operations
- Serves as project leader on internal team initiatives as assigned
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field from a 4 year college or university
- Minimum of 10 years 3PL or MIS experience; or an equvalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Supply Chain Execution applications (e.g., Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Management Systems, Order Management Systems, etc.), preferably those within the GEODIS portfolio
- Experience in Third Party Logistics or sophisticated supply chains of a manufacturer or retailer
- PC literate to include proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
- Ability to define and drive strategic initiatives for the department
- Ability to learn and become proficient at an expert level with new software systems and industry trends. Requires a complex level of knowledge of business applications and business processes
- Ability to create and analyze department level dashboards for leadership visibility
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to communicate with various levels of the organization as well as various levels of the customer's organization
- Ability to work within moderate to little supervision from a more senior leader
- Ability to work with teams in multiple regions and languages
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered Essential Functions and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Functions.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.