Technical Operations Manager
Posted on Sep 4, 2020 by GCS
A well established and exciting organisation is currently seeking a Technical Operations Manager for a permanent position in Louth
If you are looking for a role where you will be challenged on a daily basis and continuously learn within a great team and excellent work culture then this is the job for you.
What you will be doing in the role:
As the Technical Operations Manager, you will provide overall direction and guidance to the operational activities of this business critical department. The role is technical and operational management, with responsibility for running 24x7x365 operations in our own and our partner data centres and within our corporate network. As a senior leader within the team, you will report directly to the CTO and be responsible for Systems, Security, Networks and Application operations.
You will be a key member of the management team with overall responsibility for technical operations, ITIL processes, internal IT, infrastructure and hosting suppliers and networks, client operational relationships, PCI-Level security and work alongside our Service Management/Helpdesk Operations Centre. You will have a team of 10-12 experienced professionals reporting directly to you in a growing successful environment for you to add resources and restructure/strengthen the team as appropriate with plans already in place for an internal Dev Ops team.
What you will need:
- A proven track record of managing 24 x 7 support teams in a high volume technological environment such as banking, E-commerce systems or equivalent environments.
- Experience deploying and operating multi-channel software as a service.
- Understanding of enterprise scale systems and networks alongside cloud based hosting technologies.
- Experience of working in Data Centre and hosted environments providing high availability.
- ITIL V3 Framework accreditation and a good understanding of ITIL methodologies.
- Experience of dealing with 3rd Parties both Operationally and Commercially
- Strong knowledge and experience in problem, incident, change and release management within a significant high-availability environment.
- Ability to build trusted, credible relationships with senior operational staff.
- Technical knowledge relating to application management (infrastructure, storage, databases, application architectures) in a predominantly Microsoft-based environment.
- Cyber-security savvy and PCI DSS certification process experience desirable.
- Quality focus: ISO9001/27001 or similar experience in quality management systems desirable.
- Ensuring that all deployments are completed right-first-time with high quality and pass a stringent operational readiness checklist
- Managing the Acceptance-into-Service Process and Quality Gates.
- Leading and influencing our Service Operations teams to consistently exceed our Service Level Agreements and delight our clients.
- Ensuring all security processes and technologies are in place to achieve PCI-Level certification.
- Lead our Service Operations in the implementation of ITIL best practice in the management of our infrastructure and ongoing systems operations.
- Budget control for all corporate IT and hosting costs.
- Working with the Product Development and Client Delivery teams to ensure that the product and client projects conform to best practice.
- Oversight of all corporate applications and infrastructure
- Acting as the senior escalation point for technical issues with the on-call teams on protracted issues
The organisation will offer you extensive training that will provide you with the tools you need to be successful in your role and for career progression and the development of your technical skill set.
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Gavin Murphy at GCS Recruitment specialists on (see below) or call.
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.