Data Platform Developer
Posted on Sep 4, 2020 by Capgemini Financial Services UK Ltd
London, United Kingdom
What you'll do:
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience in ETL development and implementation.
Expert in designing and building SSIS packages, administration, maintenance and configuration.
- Significant experience of SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 and 2017 (Complex T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views and Functions)
- Significant experience working as a development team member within Scrum teams
- Significant experience of translating business requirements, into functional and detailed technical solution designs.
- Version control using GIT repositories
- Experience developing reports and dashboards with SSRS
- Experience developing reports and dashboards with Power BI
- Significant experience in planning, documenting and executing unit and integration tests.
- Visual Studio 2015 or higher
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience of developing automated unit tests, eg SQL framework.
- Significant experience of Data Quality and Master Data management.
- Branching methodologies and experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge in Azure SQL DB, Data lake, Data Factory, Data migration to Cloud
- Application integration using SOAP web services and REST APIs
- Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps
- Knowledge in building PowerShell scripts
What you'll bring:
- Experience of the data warehouse development cycle from user requirements definition through design, development, testing and implementation
- Experience of knowledge of complex integration/ETL issues and technologies
- Experience of working with industry models for insurance or banking
- Knowledge and understanding of how Big Data, Data Quality, Master Data Management is currently impacting the Financial Services sector
- Experience in a delivery role for a large transformation program.
- Extensive experience with Rational Unified Process (RUP) for delivery of applications
- Extensive experience in SDLC processes and methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact with CxO level
- Mentoring and management of team members in technology, architecture and delivery of applications
- Ability to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies
- Mastery in data warehousing concepts. Candidate should be able to clearly communicate fundamental concepts during the interview and demonstrate previous experience in all aspects.
- Experience with ETL tools in a Developer and Technical Lead role, specifically with SSIS integration
- Strong SQL skills, experience in tuning ETL jobs or queries and processes.