Posted on Sep 4, 2020 by Capgemini Financial Services UK Ltd
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
What you'll do:
- Expertise in ETL tools and ETL development
- Experience in ETL, SQL and likes of Informatica, Ab-initio
- Application knowledge of Big Data platforms, eg Hadoop and Spark ecosystem
- Expertise in Unix and basic Shell Scripting
- Experience with working in an Agile/Lean environment and DevOps tools for source code repository/branching, automated test and release, eg, GIT, Nolio, Nexus, TeamCity
- Undergraduate degree in STEM, 5-8 years' work experience.
- Self-starter, flexible and comfortable in a dynamic and agile working environment
- Good presentation skills and communication skills of technical solutions
- Pragmatic, highly analytical mind set, comfortable maneuvering a high-dimensional problem space
- Detail oriented, reliable with good organizational skills and able to adhere to deadlines
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics. Multicultural awareness
- Good stakeholder management skills and experience
What you'll bring:
- Experience of the data warehouse development cycle from user requirements definition through design, development, testing and implementation
- Experience of knowledge of complex integration/ETL issues and technologies
- Experience of working with industry models for insurance or banking
- Knowledge and understanding of how Big Data, Data Quality, Master Data Management is currently impacting the Financial Services sector
- Experience in a delivery role for a large transformation program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mastery in data warehousing concepts. Candidate should be able to clearly communicate fundamental concepts during the interview and demonstrate previous experience in all aspects.
- Experience with ETL tools in a Developer and Technical Lead role, specifically with SSIS integration
- Strong SQL skills, experience in tuning ETL jobs or queries and processes.
- Knowledge of Cloud Architecture and components - eg AWS, Azure, Google Cloud