Batch Operator/Quality Lab Technician
Posted on Sep 4, 2020 by Nature's One
The Process Operator takes responsibility for each aspect of the liquid blending process ensuring quality infant formula products are manufactured in a new state-of-the-art facility. The ideal candidate will understand, practice and maintain the highest Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in all aspects of the job. The Process Operator will understand, evolve and enforce all standard operating procedures (SOP's) without exception. Operator will be responsible for processing equipment and transfer lines are maintained according to all SOP's. The successful candidate may expand their role based on mechanical and processing equipment knowledge attained as part of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Is passionate about protecting infants.
- Takes responsibility to protect vulnerable consumers and is always deeply serious without exception.
- Maintains personal and facility high hygiene without exception.
- Team Player
- REPEAT: READ FIRST FOUR BULLET POINTS AGAIN!
- Routine lifting of items weighing greater than 55lbs.
- Standing/walking greater than 80% of shift.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational issues on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.
- Makes necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain production quality.
- Ability to perform job duties based on written & verbal communications.
- Conduct operation and repairs of equipment in a safe manner following "lockout tagout" and confined space safety procedures.
- Makes preventive maintenance checks and inspection of assigned equipment; reports findings to appropriate team member and takes appropriate action.
- Maintains batch work orders to ENSURE batch is correct.
- Responsible for the batching process and following the SOP for each product.
- Responsible for running Clean-In-Place (CIP) operations; careful inspection after to ensure procedures were performed correctly.
- Has a "trust but verify" attitude about computers and equipment automation.
- Performs quality tests as defined by Quality.
- Cross train between process, and dryer areas to relieve other team members for break, lunch, or Paid Time Off (PTO) purposes.
- Safely operate general equipment, including forklifts and aerial lifts (earn license)
- Comply with all policies and procedures of Nature's One
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- High mental and visual effort required.
- Ability to stand most of shift required.
- Willingness to work on an on-call basis after normal shift hours. Overtime may be required.
- Prefer 5 years of relevant experience in an applicable industrial setting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Quality Lab Technician
The Lab Technician supports Nature's One by sampling and testing to ensure delivery of safe, pure and quality products ensuring quality infant formula products are manufactured in a new state-of-the-art facility. The technician will provide daily oversight of the wet and dry analytical labs that will including testing product at various stages in the manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will understand, practice and maintain the highest Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) in all aspects of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure incoming raw materials are aseptically sampled, labeled, appropriately stored and retained
- Prepare raw material samples for outside testing, as required
- Conduct total solids and pH testing on liquid mix during manufacture
- Conduct physical stability testing on powder (e.g., moisture, reconstituted pH, scorched particles, dispersibility, color, flavor and aroma)
- Ensure powder samples are taken from each manufacturing lot, appropriately stored and retained
- Track chemical reagents used in the lab to ensure that no expired reagents are used
- Conduct monthly testing on water samples and/or prepare water samples for shipment to a third party laboratory
- Ensure the lab is maintained in a clean, well-organized condition that support good laboratory practices
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and place orders to replenish stock, as needed
- Adhere to GMPs and GLPs and personal hygiene requirements without exception
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in a Science Discipline or comparable, preferred; previous experiences will be considered
- > 2 years in US FDA Infant Formula, kosher, and organic food production desired
Core Values and Related Technical Competency
Related Technical Competency