Translation Project Coordinator
Posted on Sep 3, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, a Swiss Bank, we are looking for Translation Project Coordinator for a 7-months contract in Zurich:
Overview of business area or project:
Language & Translation Services (L&TS) offers translations into any language - using in-house resources and in collaboration with qualified external partners - as well as other services such as copyediting and proofreading of texts, self-service tools for automated translations, and the corporate terminology database.
This role is an interdisciplinary role in the central services team. Central services covers 2 key areas.
- Customer desk and vendor management
- Translation technology and terminology
The two teams are together responsible to manage the so-called daily business which consists of the front to back management of translation orders. In addition to the daily business, each team has more specialized responsibilities.
End-to-end responsibility for processing each translation order, ie:
- Order preparation (optimize documents for translation)
- Order validation (clarify any issues with the client, gather general information and supporting documents)
- Order allocation (allocate order to language experts [internal/external], adhering to L&TS standards, processes and strategy)
- Order management (make sure delivery deadlines are kept, coordinate with language experts and clients in case of issues)
- Order delivery (document post-processing/formatting, delivery to client)
- Comply with the bank policies, especially regarding risk management: cross-border issues, CID, confidentiality
Overview of the department/team:
The central services team is a multidisciplinary and extremely client-focused.
Team members have different backgrounds, but in common their passion and expertise for languages and the translation business.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- We manage 600-800 translation orders on a weekly basis.
- It often happens that multiple urgent or complex orders need to be dealt with ASAP while other clients are still waiting for their translated documents.
- Setting the right priorities and keeping a cool head are key.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience/knowledge in translation industry
- Experience with translation tools (CAT - computer aided translation tool, TMS - translating management system )
- Languages: German and English: very good oral and written skills
- IT knowledge: MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Excellent communications skills on every level from users to stakeholders
- Positive attitude to the team work, proactive approach, strong client focus
- Well organized, keeping deadlines
- Technically swift
- Good in prioritization of tasks
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree or similar (for an excellent understanding of translation industry)
- Experience with translation technology (Machine translation, NLP)
- Knowledge of banking
- Experience with XML, Scripting, developing, content management systems - French, Italian and other languages
- Experience of interdisciplinary collaboration
Candidate Value Proposition:
This is a unique chance to be part of one of the few internal language services in the financial industry.
Because of our global setup we service the entire organization giving insights in a very diverse client and project portfolio.