Graduate Engineer Training Programme - Solar PV
Posted on Sep 3, 2020 by Igloo3
Graduate Engineer Training Programme - Solar PV - Reading, UK, starting salary of 20,000 with the opportunity to progress
The UK's leading commercial solar PV designers and installers are hiring a hardworking and enthusiastic individual to join their Graduate Engineer Training Programme based in Reading, Berkshire.
* The position is normally based at Reading HQ, however, homeworking has proven successful during the lockdown, so there is some flexibility on location, but physical visits to the office (for induction for example) will be required, so candidates within a commutable distance to Reading are preferred.
The programme has been established to ensure that the new graduate engineers benefit from the wide range of activities the company undertake across the business.
As well as participating in their extensive in-house training programme, selected graduates will gain experience of:
* Electrical and mechanical design of solar PV systems
* Project management
* Practical on site experience of installation work
* Sales, pricing and client meetings
* Purchasing and warehouse operations
This Graduate Engineer Training Programme will provide you with the building blocks to enable you to accelerate your personal development and career progression.
The programme runs over two years and has a focus on ensuring their engineers develop the leadership and project management skills to enhance their career progression.
Each successful applicant will be assigned a personal mentor who will guide them to make the most of the opportunities within the company.
Ultimately the graduate programme has been developed to enable candidates to become Chartered Engineers and to become future leaders within the company.
* 2.1 or equivalent degree in electrical, mechanical or combined engineering (or similar)
* Be organised reliable with a multi-tasking approach to project delivery
* Have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be completely fluent in English with a good telephone manner
* Be highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite and AutoCAD
* Be able to work with both office and site based staff
* Eligible to work in the UK and ideally a holder of a full UK driving licence.
Remuneration - A competitive package for the right person with a starting salary of 20,000 with the opportunity to progress