Project Engineer - Solar PV
Posted on Sep 3, 2020 by Igloo3
Project Engineer - Solar PV - Reading, UK, salary in the range 25,000 - 35,000 based on qualifications and experience
The UK's leading commercial solar PV designers and installers are hiring a hardworking and enthusiastic engineer to join their team as Project Engineer based in Reading, Berkshire.
* The position is normally based at Reading HQ, however, homeworking has proven successful during the lockdown, so there is some flexibility on location, but physical visits to the office (for induction for example) will be required, so candidates within a commutable distance to Reading are preferred.
You will help to design and manage the installation of solar PV projects. The work will include outline and detailed electrical and mechanical design, as well as equipment ordering, project planning and client liaison.
Whilst you will not be working on site, you will need to develop a thorough understanding of the practicalities of construction sites and installation work.
* Good degree in electrical, mechanical or combined engineering or similar.
* Knowledge/experience of the UK building industry and of practical aspects of electrical installations as well as relevant health and safety training would be an advantage.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proficiency in MS Office suite and knowledge/experience of AutoCAD or equivalent.
* Eligible to work in the UK and ideally a holder of a full UK driving licence.
Remuneration - salary in the range 25,000 - 35,000 based on qualifications and experience