Posted on Sep 3, 2020 by NBCUniversal Media, LLC
About Our Team:
Owned by NBCUniversal, NBC 7 San Diego / KNSD provides more than 34 hours of
local news and programming every week including exclusive news franchises NBC 7
Investigates, NBC 7 Responds and Down to Earth with Dagmar. In addition, NBC 7
is proud to produce local shows Politically Speaking, SportsWrap & SoundDiego.
NBC 7 is San Diego s media leader delivering news and information across th
main broadcast, at , through multiple OTT platforms and social
media. NBC 7 proudly collaborates with many local non-profit organizations to
give back to the community we proudly live in and serve. COZI TV, the
station s digital network, offers a full schedule of America s most be
and iconic television series, hit movies and original programming.
Owned by NBCUniversal, Telemundo 20 San Diego / KUAN is Telemundo s local
television station serving nearly 1 million Hispanic viewers in the San Diego
market. Telemundo 20 San Diego delivers its viewers 12 hours of live, locally
produced news every week across all platforms. The station s newscasts
feature local breaking news, exclusive First Alert weather forecasts
sports reports, international news and Telemundo 20 which answers inquiries
from local consumers who fear they may have been wronged. Telemundo 20 provides
coverage across all platforms, including online at , via its
dedicated station app and through its social media channels.
* Manage and develop a team of IT Analysts to support a 247 local news
broadcasting operation, manage against a department budget for materials
and supplies, maintenance and support, and training and operations costs
* Be the bridge to the larger NBC Corporate IT environment and contribute
regularly to compliance reporting, company-wide initiatives and
* Work closely with station management to prioritize and balance business
goals with information system requirements and resources.
* Evaluate current systems, specifications and uses for existing business
requirement and goals.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, developing timeline, budget, and
* Implementation, support, and evaluation of mission-critical applications
& hardware used by Mac and PC environments. Support network users in
daily computer software and hardware needs
* Work with vendors to help resolve issues and schedule/manage proper times
with vendors for software upgrades that mitigate on-air and user impact
* Develop small software and database solutions for integrating on-air
* Support current wireless environment in newsroom, sales and
administration with strong ability to troubleshoot wireless networks.
Ability to troubleshoot and repair advanced Ethernet and fiber networks
and systems including corporate LANs, high-speed routers, file-shares,
iPhones, laptops, desktops, etc.
* Exemplify and maintain the awareness for the requirements of a high-
availability, broadcast IT and live television production environment
with multi-platform release. Fulfilling on immediate Level 1 break-fix
response and regular prioritization of requests and incident management
* Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, preferred
* Strong customer service/communication skills, both written and verbal
* Strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations with good
* 3+ years experience in a management role, highly preferred
* 7+ years work experience in a technical field, highly preferred
* Bachelor s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds and bend/crawl to run cables, as needed
* Solid understanding of project management
* Skills in video and audio production as related to Mac or PC environment
and knowledge of internet-based video products
* Demonstrated knowledge of current wireless, cellular, Android and iOS
applications and use
* Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego location
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must have ability to work any of a 247 shift all days of the week
NBCUOTS - KNSD
NBCUniversal s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry,
citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran
status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with
relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.