Senior SQL Server Database Engineer/Architect
Posted on Sep 2, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Looking for Senior SQL Server Database Engineers/Architects for long-term contract with a well-known Fortune 500 company in Chevy Chase, MD! Targeting individuals who have 8+ years of experience administering large databases in a high transaction, 24x7 Microsoft SQL Server database environment. Could this be your next opportunity? If so, APPLY TODAY!
- 8+ years of experience administering large databases in a high transaction, 24x7 Microsoft SQL Server database environment.
- Advanced skills in resolving database locking conflicts/blocking and resource utilization contention
-Ability to work with database developers and engineers to analyze database performance and identify problems in areas such as: execution plans, index coverage, and SQL server statistics. Demonstrate ability to solve complex database administration problems.
- Advanced experience in database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and high availability strategies for SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2016 and SQL Server in Azure IaaS
- Thorough understanding of Performance Monitoring, Tuning and Optimization, using native and third-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools like IDERA/Redgate/OMS MMA or Dynatrace is required
-Advanced knowledge of SQL Server backup and recovery strategies. Experience defining hardware requirements and storage capacity planning for development, testing, QA and production for capacity planning and performance
- Advanced knowledge SQL Server Disaster Recovery (DR) options, AlwaysOn availability groups and experience administering Windows Server, including Active Directory, Failover clustering, database partitioning, security and encryption
- In depth experience supporting SSIS, SSRS, replication, database mirroring, SQL Reporting Services, DacPac, BacPac, IsPac concept and deployment/automation of database objects is required
- Advanced PowerShell Scripting experience with ability to write automated scripts and strong knowledge of system tables and DMV's is required.
- Experience working with data analytics teams and Business Intelligence tools especially PowerBi
- Advanced working knowledge of Firewall and network security concepts
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows Server management such as disk administration, general performance health counters and overall server configuration
- Good working knowledge of Networking concepts such as subnetting, telnetting, IPV4 routing protocols and overall network connectivity.
- Understanding of current hardware systems, RAID and disk subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
- Understanding and experience with SAN hardware and administration.
- Understanding of Virtual Server environments.
- Previous experience working as part of an Agile/Scrum organization
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team oriented environment as well as possess the ability to organize, plan and lead projects independently. Share new ideas with the team and be able to think on your feet and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, rapidly develop proficiency in new skills with a strong work ethic and a professional demeanor
- MCDBA or MCSE: Data Platform Required with at least MCSA SQL Server 2012/2016?
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer science or related field is strongly desired.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure IAAS and PAAS solutions. Working experience with SQL Server on IAAS and Azure SQL DB is a plus
- Knowledge of PowerShell for SQL is a plus
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $ 1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $ 1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime: straight time