Business Office Assistant
Posted on Sep 2, 2020 by Quality Life Services
The purpose of this position is to implement and maintain systems set forth by Quality Life Services to facilitate the Medicaid Pending process in an effective, efficient manner to ensure financially sound company operations. This position is responsible for maintaining admission and financial systems in compliance with the federal, state and local requirements.
- Meet with Residents and / or Representative and communicate out of pocket charges and responsibilities
- Submit application and supportive documentation, on time, per company guidelines
- Prepare and submit reports on a timely basis to the governing body as required and as directed
- Coordinate Medicaid Pending functions with other departments
- Work cooperatively with Company staff
- File inquiries, reconsideration and appeals to the appropriate agency or individual(s) for reject applications
- Follow up on accounts, timely
- Report timely account issues
- Evaluate need for and refer delinquent accounts to outside council
- Handle all correspondence related to the Medicaid Pending process
- Keep informed on all local, state and federal requirements related to the business office
- Communicate and work cooperatively with fiscal intermediaries, accountants, auditors and cost preparers
- Observes all Company policies and procedures
- Interpret, observe and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
- Perform other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.