Midrange System and Storage Support
Posted on Sep 2, 2020 by Experis AG
Midrange AIX System and Storage Support
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
Overview of contract
On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zürich, we are looking for a System Administrator. You will be working in the Midrange AIX System Support team. Managing one of the largest Data Warehouse in the bank which hosts close to 300 applications.
Your aim is to provide the best support to guarantee highest system availability, keep the system and storage on a maintained level of firmware and OS and deliver 100% data consistency, performance and recoverability with the best configured storage.
- Operate the large and complex data warehouses based on AIX, IBM Power System, Flash Storage and DB2 DPF
- Monitor, administrate and configure the system and storage infrastructure.
- Be first contact for our customer
- Partner with clients and developers to install software, apply and install software releases
- You will be part of a team that delivers 7x24H on call and weekend support
- Monitor, configure and manage System Infrastructure like HMC, NIM, CSM,VIO, VM, Security, Storage, SAN
- Scripting (ksh, Perl) of operational relevant scripts and 'adhoc' monitoring
- Partial System monitoring, incident and problem reporting, escalation (3rd level support, Vendor Calls)
- Storage configuration, capacity reporting/planning, performance management (together with operations & database engineering)
- Design, setup and configure VIO Servers according to customer needs
- Configure, setup, manage storage and BCP mirroring for the Power Infrastructure
- Support service delivery in IPL, PTF planning & installation
- Support service delivery in storage setup installation/upgrades
- 2nd level system & Storage support, Emergency out-of-hours cover
- Maintain and Monitor Backup & Restore procedures eg for Flash Metro Mirror, San Switches
- Be responsible for all relevant System Administration CtB (change the bank) and RtB (run the bank) activities
- Manage and maintain optimal storage configuration
- Generating regular automated/requested reports eg for Audit, Compliance
- Continuous improvement of the systems, storage
- Close involvement/co-operation with global clients & colleagues
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your CV or if you have any questions, contact Jane Leese.]
We can only consider Swiss nationals or professionals possessing a valid EU passport for this engagement.