.Net Software Developer
Posted on Sep 2, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
- Under direction of a Manager and/or Team Lead, Analyze, design, develop, test and implement less complex technology solutions or components of solutions while following all appropriate steps in the development life cycle.
- Develop, maintain, support and document technology solutions using efficient coding techniques while adhering to the established departmental standards and application specifications.
- Create test plans, test data, and perform unit testing to produce error free technology solutions. May participate in system testing of more complex systems under the direction of a more senior staff member or perform system testing of less complex systems.
- Assist other developers with development and performance issues.
- Inform Manager and Team Lead of activity status.
- Provide ongoing customer support by performing proactive monitoring, system/application problem resolution, responses to general program and/or job related questions. Must be able and willing to take the initiative to solve problems and may suggest system enhancements or cycle time reductions.
- Adhere to the established Departmental Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Work with Manager to maintain your individual development plan; training to keep current in development tools, languages, standards, procedures, business functions and company goals.
- Participate in departmental activities as needed to improve work processes and customer-supplier relationships.
- May help more senior staff members orient new team members in departmental functions or customers in system related functions.
- A 2-4 year college degree in computer science or equivalent programming experience required.
- Experience in developing applications using Microsoft's .NET development environment, specifically C#.
- Knowledge of T-SQL for development and processing of data in and out of SQL databases.
- Relational Database knowledge, specifically DB design and normalization
- An understanding of the MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments to meet established deliverable dates and project schedules.
- The ability and genuine desire to quickly learn new skills and technologies
- The ability to work independently as well as interface and work well with management, peers, customers and vendors in a team setting.
- Must be willing to provide 7 x 24 support of systems developed and maintained and able/willing to take initiative to solve problems in a timely fashion with proactive, creative and aggressive problem diagnosis and solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$40k - $75k Annual