Director, Supplier Relationship Management
Posted on Sep 1, 2020 by Real Staffing Group
Biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing, acquiring and commercialising differentiated and accessible medicines that address unmet medical needs.
The company has a portfolio of medicines through its orphan and inflammation groups. The company's global headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland. The company also has offices in the US and Europe.
The company has ambitious plans and have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full time Director, Supplier Relationship Management based at the Dublin office.
The companies Supply Chain organisation is responsible with managing the uninterrupted supply of compliant commercial product, including drug substance, drug product and finished goods in various administration technologies through an ever increasing global network of third party Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs).
Reporting to the Executive Director Supply Chain, the Director, Supplier Relationship Management, will support the growth of the business through the management of assigned products and third party supplier partnerships.
- Operating as part of the wider Supply chain and Technical Operations team
- Develop and manage the tactical (day to day operations) and strategic (performance reviews, supplier development) business relationship with assigned Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs) for assigned products
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional Technical Operations Product Supply (TOPS) teams that include but are not limited to, members of Quality, Supply Chain and Technical Services to ensure uninterrupted supply of our product and medicines
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that support the performance and development of the partnership
- Collaborate with the CMO and Supply Chain Planning on forecasting, production planning, and supply chain business process activities
- Monitor and drive adherence to Horizon's and the CMO's contractual commitments, obligations and processes, including production schedules, milestone dates, financial terms.
- Manage the contract negotiation and renewal process
- Plan and manage business review meetings with CMOs
- Develop standardised costs in collaboration with Finance
- In collaboration with other TOPS teams members develop product strategies, business continuity plans, inventory targets and transition plans for product changes
- Act as key point of contact for communications, issue resolution and escalation between both parties.
- Exercise ownership of assigned Supply Chain processes including supervision of staff, policy/procedure development, and oversight of execution of processes. The assigned Supply Chain processes can include some of the following: unit pricing, business continuity planning, S&OP, contracts, inventory target setting, metric reporting, CMO business reviews, supply chain product flow documentation and others as required
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Primary degree in related life science field, science, engineering, supply chain preferred
- Proven experience of operating at a senior level and leading people
- 10+ years industry experience, with 5+ of those years in a global pharmaceutical supply chain environment
- Experience with various pharmaceutical dosage forms
- Proven track record in managing 3rd party relationships
- Thorough understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and regulatory compliance requirements for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
If you are interested in the role please reply with an up to date CV. Not sure yet? No CV ready please get it touch.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales