Lead AWS Python Developer £90k-£130k p.a (initial 6 months Fixed Term
Posted on Sep 1, 2020 by McCabe & Barton
Seeking a Lead Engineer to oversee hybrid application development in both Amazon Web Services (AWS) using python and on-prem using .NET (C#). Candidates must have expertise in technical leadership including system architecture, design, and development. Successful candidate will join a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment, acting as a key player with technical development responsibilities.
- 10+ years of full-stack application development
- 5+ year of technical lead experience
- 5+ years experience with Python Scripting
- 2+ years experience with AWS development, including Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch
- Knowledge of cloud reference architectures and AWS best practices
- Strong experience unit testing and integration testing
- Strong experience with .NET (C#), ASP.NET MVC/WebAPI
- Experience with SQL Server database Scripting and entity design
- Experience working with AWS databases and object storage (RDS, DynamoDb, S3)
- Experience developing with AWS services using SDKs
- Experience with Git as a source code control provider
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience provisioning AWS infrastructure using Terraform
- Experience with containerized services using Docker
- Experience with .NET Core development
- Familiarity with modern Front End build pipelines and tools
- AWS Certified Developer certification
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and lead development for dynamically scalable, highly reliable and fault-tolerant applications on AWS
- Lead daily standups to ensure sprint work executing smoothly, assist in removing impediments
- Participate strongly in backlog grooming to prioritize and size incoming workloads
- Understand and translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Select appropriate AWS services to create and present detailed architectural diagrams, and apply architectural design patterns, based on business requirements.
- Prepare appropriate documentation such as program code, and technical documents
- Set team standards and perform strict code reviews to ensure best code quality and sharing of knowledge
- Translate complex technical designs into business-friendly terms for non-technical peers and stakeholders
- Maintain and modernize .NET ASP.NET and WebApi code for hybrid applications.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and document efficient AWS Back End applications
- Modify data store tables and indexes and perform advanced queries, including for the purpose of troubleshooting data-related issues
- Propose optimizations to improve maintainability and test-ability
- Preparing estimates and justification for team stories and features
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Keep abreast of technology innovations through self-paced education, internal technology communications, and cross-team collaboration