Development Reliability Engineer
Posted on Sep 1, 2020 by ITech Consult
Development Reliability Engineer- engineering/English/BSL1and2/diagnostic/German
For our costumer a big pharmaceutical company based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a highly motivated and qualified Technical Writer
In a global, cross-functional environment the System Development (SD) department is responsible for workflow optimization and the successful integration of hardware, software, consumables and reagents to finally perform the system verification of diagnostics instruments.
As a Development Reliability Engineer you will work as a part of a cross-functional team on the development and product care of new complex diagnostics systems, consisting of fluidics, robotics software, thermal, electrical, mechanical and biochemistry elements. You will perform hands-on testing, including evaluations of system error handling, reliability improvements and system performance.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execution of the work packages within the area of responsibility including reporting and escalation of issues to the management.
- Experimental design and execution of the experiments in the laboratory, with special focus on the reliability of the instruments. Creation of Test Cases based on Product Requirements. Execution of Test Cases, analysis of the results and creation of the respective regulatory documents. Issue tracking and verification of bug fixes/Anomalies.
- Definition of an inventory management solution for the department to optimize workflows through digitalization
- Subject matter expert for assigned area of responsibility. Provide guidance and support to others. Flexibility to transfer knowledge to different tasks/sub projects within SD.
- Generate required documentation/procedures/technical reports in support of daily activities and be able to author official documents in English (eg Design history Files) for the preparation of milestones. Prepare and deliver presentations of project results to own or other groups.
- Coordinate efforts with other functional areas to accomplish tasks: Hardware-, Software-, Consumables-, Assay-Development, and System-Integration. Must Haves:
- Master Degree in a relevant engineering, informatics or life sciences discipline (eg Biotechnology, Electronic/Automation, Bio- and Process-Engineering) or corresponding job experience.
- Experience and Interest in the resolution of technical problems and in interdisciplinary teamwork (laboratory, software, automation, hardware) is a must. Experience in laboratory diagnostics and/or service & support are additional assets.
- Theoretical and/or practical knowledge of system engineering, in particular reliability engineering is preferred.
- Experience in and willingness to work in a highly regulated industry and in labs with biosafety levels S1 and S2.
- Familiarity with or strong interest in inventory management and software and engineering applications and tools such as programming (eg: VBA), statistical simulation and analysis (eg: JMP) and big data analysis is of advantage.
- Working knowledge of German and English (written and spoken)
Nice to Haves:
- Enthusiastic team player with good communication and collaboration skills. Solution oriented, autonomous and proactive working style.
Reference No.: 919642SGRRole: Development Reliability Engineer
Industry: Pharma Location: Rotkreuz Workload: 100% Start: 01.10.2020 Duration: 12++
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.