Head of Software Engineering - Holland
Posted on Sep 1, 2020 by Devonshire Hayes
DIGITAL PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Devonshire Hayes have been engaged by a client to source an experienced Development Manager with a proven track record of working on Digital Transformation projects across entire product lines.
Alongside excellent stakeholder & communication skills, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultations with the business lines and R&D/LoB Directors to consider, evaluate, define and implement approved new digital business applications (work with company stakeholders on their intended application needs and collaborate a jointly viable solution);
- Partner with stakeholders to align and prioritise current and future initiatives in support of the business objectives (ensure Line of Business (LoB)/Engineering teams meet commitments in planning and execution of work necessary to deliver successful project outcomes and stable high performing systems);
- Responsible for working across LoB/Engineering teams to ensure production applications meet performance, reliability and quality objectives;
- Participate in developing the system and technology plans, assessing cost and feasibility of system requests and ensuring the plan supports current or expected business needs;
- Ensure project portfolio is managed with a high degree of success in regards to scope, budget and timeliness of solution delivery (evaluate software solutions and/or application cloud migration);
- Manage technology vendors for competitive agreements and lead development of Service Leve Agreements (SLAs) with customers (establish appropriate metrics and reporting processes to ensure SLAs are achieved and provide comparison and cost analysis regarding third-party solutions to be integrated into existing services);
- Maintain relationships and sustainability with key third party development organisations;
- Ensure all Digital Business applications and platform releases are fully tested in line with NPD process and are provided with accompanying upgrade and rollback scripts;
- Ensures Business & Engineering teams are adhering to development best practices, notably around Quality Engineering standards, and actively monitoring and addressing raised problems;
- Establish the digital services organisation systems;
- Define and support development and deployment of digital services to customers;