TABLEAU administrator - on/off-site - initial contract until 31DEC2020
Posted on Sep 1, 2020 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one " TABLEAU administrator" (with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server experience) to start from ASAP an initial contract until 31DEC2020 for an international Org' -client in ROME (after Covid), where ON-/OFF-site work is possible. Possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability. English speaking environment.
Our client is an international organisation in Rome and a great reference in any CV!
Tableau has been deployed for a few years and has been extensively used by thousands of active users and dozens of designers across the client community world-wide. Its contents are gradually opening to external users, particularly other UN agencies.
- Cooperate with the stakeholders in designing the new Tableau environment.
- Support the deployment of the new environment and ensure that best practices are followed in terms of IT security and efficiency in the allocation of IT resources.
- Configure and maintain the Tableau Servers software layer.
- Administer the system (including site creation and server maintenance/upgrades/patches).
- Supervise change management including software and hardware upgrades and patches.
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements.
- Tune performance of the Tableau server environment (clustering, load balancing and site optimization).
- Create/manage groups, workbooks and projects, database views, data sources and data connections.
- Assist in the identification and migration of data sources to Tableau server.
- Troubleshoot and support issues related to data extractions, data sources availability, connections and other tasks that require admin competencies.
- (mandatory) Proven certification and/or advanced experience with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server. Practical knowledge in Tableau Server best practices including security, clustering, and load balancing.
- (mandatory) Hands on experience as a Tableau Administrator performing installation, upgrading, monitoring, debugging, tuning, and capacity planning.
- (mandatory) Experience implementing proactive Tableau environment health checks, and performance threshold alerting.
- (mandatory) Experience in publishing and scheduling of data sources and workbooks.
- (mandatory) Hands on Linux administration experience.
- (mandatory) Knowledge of Tableau data source/server techniques with an emphasis on proper design and quality control.
- (mandatory) Experience writing SQL to query databases, structure and modify data.
- (desirable) Experience working with end users to create mockups and design documents.
- (desirable) Experience modelling data in either a database or visualization tool.
- (desirable) Understanding of Reporting Lifecycle including adoption, training, and change management.
- (mandatory) Orientation to and rich experience in working towards a common goal in a team of diverse skills, experience and cultural backgrounds and/or working in an Agile scrum team.
- (mandatory) Experience with geographically distributed teams where the focus on team work and achieving deliverables require very strong communication skills - both written and verbal - to ensure team members are aligned on the final deliverables and processes to achieve high quality results.
- (mandatory/desirable depending on seniority) Working effectively with business (non-technical) colleagues in a variety of situations. Typically these include eliciting and understanding their data analytics and visualization needs; validating their data related needs amongst project stakeholders; and testing with, demonstrating to or training them in project deliverables.
- (highly desirable) Strong learning agility. Ability to pick up new technologies to meet business requirements.
- (desirable) Good understanding of project management methodologies. Experience in project planning.
The Tableau environment is going to be redesigned due to a change in the number of licenses available to client. While the blueprint is not yet finalized, the environment is expected to consist of:
- 1 main internal server;
- 1 backup internal server;
- 1 server dedicated to external users;
- 1 data management server;
- 2 worker Servers;
- 1 QA server.
AWARD & OTHERS
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for on-site in Rome (after Covid) and a rate for off-site work.
- Applicants must have an EU passport or a work permit for Italy.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.