Posted on Sep 1, 2020 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
System Engineer vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- Outstanding expertise in developing data-intensive software solutions via Python and Scala
- Deep familiarity with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, YARN, Spark, Impala, Kudu, NiFi and Oozie paired with a good understanding of security concepts
- Experience with Datamodelling and SQL query language along with building data streaming pipelines using Apache Spark and Apache Flink
- Hands-on practice with Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera, Hortonworks or Databricks as well as good knowledge of individual components and the ability to troubleshoot occurring issues
- Skillset including the ability to integrate emerging open-source technologies and to shape the solution architecture
- Experience with Elastic technology stack, Apache Druid or Apache Ignite, automated provisioning and configuration of open-source systems and with Kubernetes is a plus
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Developing software modules responsible for sourcing intraday and end-of-day data, processing the data further and gathering analytical insights out of this data
- Working on development processes and improving software performance
- Assisting with integration testing focusing on automated and manual
- Contributing to resolve incidents involving production system, fulfilling 3rd level support
- Developing monitoring capabilities for data processing pipelines in construction
- Participating in the design and technology review of the software components developed in the team
- Cooperating with platform management and other team members on requirements, preparing releases along with delivering the applications to production
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health- and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.