Software Development Analyst
Posted on Sep 1, 2020 by Centra Technology
U.S. Citizenship and existing Top Secret/SCI with Poly CLEARANCE are absolutely required.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. (CENTRA) is an employee-owned company providing analytic, consulting, and staffing support to U.S. Government national security agencies, including the Departments of Homeland Security and Defense, and similar Government clients.
CENTRA Technology is looking for candidates for Software Development Analyst
The Contractor shall assist the Government to:
1) Analyze requirements to ensure overall testability, develop software design, test plans, and procedures.
2) Execute unit, functional and performance testing and support. Assists with troubleshooting of system issues.
3) Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems, services, and multi-threaded servers using data structures and Object Oriented or Functional programming.
4) Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
5) Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
6) Ability to determine if the application is compatible with the types of devices users have and whether it is a good candidate to virtualize or move to cloud environment.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Applicable degree(s): Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming, Database Administration, Geographic Information Systems, Information Security, Information Technology (IT) or Software Engineering.
Minimum six (6) years of demonstrated experience in programming, with an ability to use one or more development language (C++, PHP, HTML, etc.).
Demonstrated experience monitoring existing systems to ensure structural integrity, overseeing the development and installation of new hardware and software, and installing and configuring operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues.
Minimum five (5) years' working experience performing concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment across the life cycle by applying diverse skills in software engineering, system engineering, Linux administration and integration. o These five (5) years may be concurrent with the requisite years of work experience.
Demonstrated expertise in current computer hardware and software.
Ability to Work Independently and Within Groups.
Strong software development skillsets in Python, Perl, or Java.
Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and troubleshoot software and web applications (small to medium size development), under minimal direction, in a Linux environment.
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Demonstrated expertise managing competing priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail; demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leaders in a high profile and demanding office.
Be able to create neat and professional-looking documents for the project or presentation and ability to use them brief stakeholders as needed.
Demonstrated experience with correcting program errors (troubleshooting), preparing/updating operating instructions, programming techniques, and other software documents.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.