Head of Sustainability, Real Estate
Posted on Sep 1, 2020 by Acre
Acre is proud to be supporting Verco in the search for a new Head of Real Estate to lead their sustainability service line. This new strategic hire is to be part of the executive leadership team and will play a crucial role in Verco's new business plan, as they expand their leadership across two main verticals of manufacturing and real estate.
Verco is an award-winning energy management and sustainability business with 30 years' experience at the cutting-edge of the low carbon economy. In 2018 Verco became a certified B Corporation and won the edie 'Consultancy of the year' award, and since then have been going from strength to strength as they ride the Net-Zero wave.
We are seeking a sustainability leader within the CRE market to lead the growth and development of Verco's service lines on a global scale.
* Sector strategy: Develop and own the real estate sector strategy for the business, keeping this updated in line with current and emerging client needs
* External champion for the sector: Promote and help develop Verco's services in real estate via networking externally and maintaining strong client relationships in order to bring in new clients and gain repeat work from existing clients
* Account direction and management: to maintain strong relationships with existing clients and build new relationships in order to win further work including cross-selling Verco's full range of services in real estate
* Business development: Progresses business development opportunities with the commercial team in order to increase sales and meet targets
* Line Management: Manage and develop the team leaders for the services within the Real Estate team, taking overall responsibility for team performance (headcount 12-15)
Verco is all about its employees, with a very strong mission lead culture. The team comprises of a highly skilled and engaged group of individuals, who are the real driving force behind Verco's strong track record of success and unprecedented reputation within the industry. We need a leader who will fit in with Verco's unique culture and bring the technical and commercial skills required for success.
* A strong technical understanding of global environmental reporting and performance programmes
* An external champion for sustainability and a highly reputable leader
* Commercially minded and support the business development team and increase Verco's market share across the real estate sector
* An ability to retain, develop and lead an industry-leading sustainability team
* Excellent relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills
This is a very exciting opportunity to join Verco and ride the net-zero wave. To download the candidate pack and learn more about the position and Verco, please click here.