Director of Analytics - Life Science - 100% Remote
Posted on Aug 31, 2020 by Visionaire Partners
Director of Commercial Analytics - 100% Remote
The Director of Commercial Analytics will be responsible for supporting Pharma Clients and helping them understand performance and impact of their products and marketing strategies in a value-based care (OCM, MIPS) US healthcare environment. Analytics, insights and services to be provided will be focused on understanding and visually representing Brand shares, Market basket Analysis, Patient journeys with Driver analysis and Practice/Physician Segmentation models from Electronic Medical Records, Health claims, Pharmacy claims and Genomics data for Oncology patients. Other models to engage relevant Practices on understanding patient care would be through chart pulls and qualitative surveys.
Come join one of the hottest companies that is revolutionizing healthcare with this direct hire role! You will enjoy working for a very successful business focused on improving the treatment and lives of many patients. Enjoy the flexibility of working remotely 100% of the time. You will do some light travel to conferences when travel is safe again in the future.
- Develop commercial insights and analysis for Pharma Brands using a combination of analytic programming (R, Python, or SQL) and visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, PowerPoint etc.).
- Collaborate closely with the Cloud and Database teams to transform curated healthcare claims (part B, Part D, CMS and payer); electronic health records, pharmacy dispensing, patient-reported outcomes, primary market research and other source data types into high value information/knowledge to satisfy required project output for pharmaceutical, diagnostics, device manufacturers.
- Conduct and oversee advanced analytics projects culminating in client presentations, abstracts and peer reviewed papers.
- Frequently, the Director will act as the Healthcare/Pharma/Biotech Subject Matter expert to drive Product Development from proof of concept to commercialization.
- Therapeutic area of expertise required is in Oncology. This role includes both engagement with data assets and domain experts.
- Periodically, the Director will accompany sales as the Analytics Subject Matter Expert to support new project pursuits. The Director will present on value proposition of our analytics, including information, knowledge, and insights extracted from multiple disparate datasets.
- The Director, Analytics will attend key (scientific/medical) conferences, identify emerging trends, contribute to publications and collaboratively support the expansion of Life Sciences Analytics in the US markets.
- Experience building (computational) models for cost of care on healthcare data (including oncology medical claims, remits, EMR, payor claims)
- SQL - must be very strong using SQL to navigate databases and generate reports. Must be able to author and read SQL Code from others
- Pharmaceutical (& biotech) industry experience - ideally working with HEOR and/or Real World Evidence
- Oncology - understanding on disease treatment considerations and their effect on healthcare data
- R OR Python OR Perm - statistical programming
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent communication Skills
- Minimal future Travel
- Master's Degree preferred