TBM - Business Analyst
Posted on Aug 31, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: Business Analyst-TBM
Duration: 6-12+ Months
Rate: $62-$68/hr. W2
Years of experience: 7+
Overview: Looking for a business analyst with a background in IT and who has experience with Technology Business Management (TBM). The ideal candidate should be able to understand basic accounting principles and have had exposure to IT Service Governance. Must have IT Finance experience.
This role will be working closely with an audience of service owners and stakeholders to provide total cost of ownership (TCO) of all IT services to the client's IT Shared Services' customers using the TBM methodology and taxonomy.
The candidate will be expected to be comfortable interfacing with a variety of stakeholders from IT engineers up through Sr. leadership. Candidate will be expected to participate in analysis of data and data mining activities so strong analytical skills are necessary. The client Global IT Shared Services uses ServiceNow as their centralized platform for a wide variety of functions, familiarity with the platform is a plus.
Duties to include, but are not limited to:
1. Requirements gathering and documentation
2. Data analysis and reporting
3. Work with a 3rd party provider to identify and validate formulas to determine TCO for various IT services
4. Working with service owners to help define and document new and existing services as well as determine costs to provide a service.
The role's primary responsibility is going to be working with me on the TBM/TCO effort with a goal of standing up a set of new and revised processes that we will continually work to improve in order to show the total cost of ownership for various areas of IT. In addition, this person will be assisting with some work in regards to Service Governance, but those tasks are really just relying on basic analytical skills, organization, and being able to document information effectively.
1. Familiarity with TBM (Technology Business Management)
2. Familiarity with IT as a whole (well rounded, general knowledge)
3. Strong analytical skills
4. Strong ability to organize work effectively
5. Strong communication skills at all levels (Sr. Mgmt to individual contributors)
- Need a business analyst with experience in IT service management
- Experience with TBM (Technology Business Management) strongly preferred
- Need a strong BA that is familiar with the concepts of service governess and TBM
- Analytical, organized, critical thinker, detail oriented, problem solver that can hit the ground running
- Need a finance & accounting background
- Experience with the Service Now platform
- Understand cost and demand services
- Meet with the stakeholders to gather requirements on the cost of their services they are charging the consumer
- Need strong documentation skills
- Familiar with data analysis and data mining, and how to analyze data and manipulate it
- Must understand the data from the different service teams
- Look at the cost of the different types of services offered like facility charges and 3rd party maintenance, etc. and be able to go line by line and understand what cost goes where as the cost rolls up to the application and service providers
- Must have strong budgeting and accounting experience
- This person will be interacting with stakeholders-need excellent communication skills
- Will be the liaison between the manager and the stakeholders/consultants