Database Administrator (DBA)
Posted on Aug 31, 2020 by Genzeon
Exciting Opportunity! We are currently looking for a Database Administrator
(DBA) for the location Tampa, FL. This is a contract job, Please find the Jo
* Manages SQL Server databases on all environments from development to
* Configure, manage, monitor and maintain database server performance,
health, availability and security.
* Control access to database systems ensuring all company processes and
procedures are followed
* Analyze, solve and correct issues as they are occurring, providing
problem resolution and root cause analysis
* Develops, tests and maintains maintenance plans, disaster recovery
procedures and database backups schemes
* Provides after-hours support for database emergencies, routine scheduled
maintenance and database server patching
* Works closely with the business and engineering teams to understand and
plan for storage and database needs.
* Proactively analyzes database performance and stability, providing
feedback and recommendations to the Database Operation Manager
* Maintain, develop and organize database standard, infrastructure and
processes and procedures documentation
* Design and implement SQL Server Availability Groups, HADR setup, security
* Completing User and Application tasks via, ticketing system.
* Performance Tuning and Optimization of SQL Server objects including
Stored Procs, Views, Database Design
* Experience with database migration securely and safely
* Advanced automation skills, Database code changes deployment, SSIS & SSRS
* Will work Closely with the Database Operation Manager and other stake
holders in application deployments.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science,
Technology, or a related field of study
* 8+ years of experience administering Microsoft SQL Server databases
* 5+ years of experience of database performance tuning
* 3+ years managing Microsoft SQL Server in a distributed high availability
* 3+ years managing database security, backups, disaster recovery and
* Advanced T-SQL skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Effective verbal and written communication
* Nice to have experience with Healthcare systems and data.
* Experience working with cloud database preferred Azure.
* Experience using PowerShell, ARM templates or scripting language like
* Good knowledge and understanding of CICD processes. Ability to learn or
use Tools to implement and build CICD solution
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.