Jr. Network Engineer/NOC Support
Posted on Aug 31, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: Jr. Network Engineer
Location: Coppell, TX
Duration: 6+ Month Contract to Hire Converts at $70K-$80K
Contract Pay Rate: around $40/Hr. W2
Years of experience: 2 years
- Help with deploying Switches in SDWAN in the field
- Experience with switch configuration
- Able to learn the network in a timely manner
- Need Cisco knowledge of Routers but mainly switches
- Someone with experience in a NOC
- Will be replacing every switch and every network connection and Router in every branch in US and Canada. Will help support the field technicians remotely. Test the switches
- Will be replacing Routers with SDWAN devices
- Must help coordinate new circuit and hardware delivery and configuration
- Switch SDWAN from shipment to branch
- He will work with more experienced engineers to help him learn
- Must be able to learn the network and job and there is good career advancement could move into security, architecture, DC Engineering
Responsibilities: Perform analytical, technical, and administrative work around all Branch network components including:
- Installation, management, and support of LAN switches, WiFi access points, routers, and SDWAN infrastructure.
- Installation, management, and support of WAN
- Technologies include Cisco Switches, SDWAN
- Level 1 support for other technologies using the network including printers, voice, handheld scanners, tablets, and security devices.
- Level 1 support for Network Operation Center as needed to resolve network-based issues.
- Monitor and Evaluate hardware/software for network systems and help with planning/deployment of future standards based on company decisions.
- Participate in on-call schedule one time a month
- Minimum of 1-2 years network engineering and support
- Minimum of 1-2 years technical experience with large scale IP networks
- 1-2 years' experience with firewalls Cisco switches/routers
- Knowledge of the following subject areas: routing and switching
- Scans, configuring, scheduling, interpreting; network troubleshooting
- Experience using Velocloud SDWAN equipment