IT Operations Manager Overland Park, KS
Posted on Aug 30, 2020 by Watco Companies LLC
Are you looking for a career in a fast-paced environment in the most exciting industry in the world where the opportunities for growth and learning are endless?
If your answer is yes, then come be a part of the Watco team!
Not only do we offer industry leading benefits, competitive pay, vacation and 401k, we also have a top of the line training program, Watco University, to educate our team members and help them to grow their career to the next level.
Watco is looking for an IT Operations Manager to oversee our company's networking, storage, computing, and cloud environments. A great candidate will have experience in creating and managing teams of network engineers, system engineers, cloud operations and other IT staff
IT Operations Manager Responsibilities Include
- Patching systems
- Leading change management process
- Maintain and optimize local company networks and servers
- Oversee data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls)
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements
- Resolve issues escalated by technicians and engineers
- Ensure data is handled, transferred, or processed according to legal and company guidelines
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders via help desk
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT systems
- Develop IT policies and practices
- Identity management,
- Access management
- Device and password management
- Proven experience as IT Operations Manager
- A passion to develop cloud computing strategies and solutions
- Experience with IT performance management, network administration and system security
- Experience in creating systems that are reliable, available, and serviceable
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Hands on leadership skills with 5 or more years of experience leading technology teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to manage a remote team with diverse skills
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, IT, or relevant field
- Some travel is required