Posted on Aug 30, 2020 by Pella Corporation
This IT Manager will manage and execute a business plan to provide information
and communication services to all business functions within the site.
Facilitates the use of technology to achieve and maintain a competitive
business advantage at both the site and divisional level. Provides skills and
leadership necessary to identify, implement and maintain business enabling
information and communication systems, consistent with and in support of site
and divisional strategic objectives and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of this IT Managerinclude the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
* Hold direct, joint reporting relationship to Site Manager and Divisional
IT Director. Work with management team to develop and understand the
business strategy. Provide leadership in identifying, prioritizing and
implementing initiatives to meet strategic goals. Accountable for success
of business as defined by key metric performance.
* Drives the use of metrics and Continuous Improvement within the plant as
it relates to Information Technology.
* Drives the use of information in the decision making process. Works with
Divisional IT Director, Plant Management and Corporate IT to define,
develop and deliver information as a competitive differentiator.
* Responsible for the identification, development and implementation of
programs, policies and procedures which support total customer
satisfaction both internally and externally, as it relates to the site
and divisional goals.
* Often required to design and prepare program specifications for software
applications, including understanding of required program function from
users, general design documentation, interaction with the Oracle
development team and primary contact for definition and coordination of
* Ensures that all appropriate customer requirements are communicated
through established information service interfaces. Stays current with
all changes in the business and their impact on corporate objectives.
Develops and preserves proper communication channels to gather and
interpret business indicators.
* Provide Site Plant Manager and Divisional IT Director with detailed
project plans for key initiatives, including business case, milestones,
effort requirements and estimated completion dates.
* Assist IT Divisional Director and Site Plant Management in determining
business value of proposed projects and initiatives so that resources can
be effectively prioritized and assigned.
* Responsible for providing the Site Plant Manager and IT Divisional
Director a detailed, zero-based budget and operating within the fiscal
budget. The budget includes labor, non-labor and capital.
* Functional understanding of Oracle order processing, scheduling,
purchasing/MRP, manufacturing applications.
* Champion shop floor automation projects in an effort to maximize labor
performance and material yield. Responsible for working with site
engineering and machine/software vendors to develop effective use of data
downloads to manufacturing equipment.
* Responsible for business continuity / disaster recovery initiatives
within the site. Defines, certifies, documents and maintains business
continuity / disaster recovery plans for critical business applications
and hardware within the site, consistent with corporate strategy.
* Responsible/accountable for execution of information security within the
* Must provide or coordinate information/communication systems education
and training for all individuals at the site. Primary contact to ensure
all site employees are informed of scheduled downtime or system
* Provide 24x7 support of all information and communication systems at the
site. Ensure all site personnel understand and follow proper channels for
communicating issues and requests.
Direct management responsibility for one to two IT site technicians and/or IT
Specialist. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
of these individual(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS for this IT Managerinclude the following.
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and seven
plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and
statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,
oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Proficient in Word, Excel, Project and Access.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily and be able to work independently. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Pella Corporation is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Tobacco-Free
Work Environment. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the
Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of
Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Pella Corporation provides a working environment free of discrimination and
harassment. Pella Corporation treats all persons equally, regardless of race,
color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected
under federal law. A number of states in which Pella operates have laws
protecting classifications of Team Members not necessarily protected under
federal law. Therefore, Pella also treats all persons equally, regardless of
political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed,
marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran
status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal
ordinance or state law
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.