Mainframe Senior Solutions Architect
Posted on Aug 29, 2020 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Mainframe Sr. Solutions Architect
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of reference architecture for Company infrastructure solutions
- Responsible for the infrastructure architecture of one or more client environments and are to be considered the subject matter expert for the entire environment within the datacenter
- Responsible for working with the client to obtain the solution requirements for the infrastructure
- Responsible for written design of the infrastructure solution that meets or exceeds the requirements utilizing a reference architecture
- Responsible for being the technical subject matter expert for the implementation and ensuring the implementation adheres to the proposed design
- Responsible for presenting cost estimates for the Mainframe solution implementation process and ongoing production support of the solution
- Engages in project communications with the client using a consultative approach, anticipates obstacles, and recommends solution options to mitigate.
- Ensures infrastructure solution design fulfills functional and technical requirements and can consistently meet progress against service level agreements (SLAs.)
- Accountable for the accuracy, process, integrity, quality and stewardship of client Mainframe infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 12+ years experience working with Mainframe related technologies
- Extensive previous background with IBM mainframes, including previous experience as a systems programmer supporting complex Mainframe environments
- Expertise with IBM Mainframe technologies.
- Hands-on experience in infrastructure architecture and solution design
- Solid understanding of ITILv3 and ITSM.
- Expertise with Storage platforms like IBM, Hitachi, EMC, Oracle, etc.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: