ServiceNow Business Systems Analyst
Posted on Aug 29, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: IT Business Systems Analyst-Service Now
Location: Coppell, TX
Duration: 6+ Months but more likely 12+ months
Years of experience: 7+
Manager Notes:The BA will be working on a Service Now project to develop custom applications for service management and customer technologies. Must have a proven background in technology coming up as a developer, systems or data analyst and then becoming a BA. Must understand technology.They will work with the business to gather requirements for these custom technologies and transfer into a BRD for the development team.They will work on this Service Now project first but will work on various other projects as well for custom applications and integrations. Technical writing experience is a big plus.
The Business Analyst works with key customers to capture business and user requirements. The Analyst also works with application development support teams to ensure requirements are understood, developed, tested, and delivered to specification. A key area of support is the ServiceNow platform and custom applications/technologies. The Business Analyst possesses high level of knowledge around IT operations, an understanding of the business users represented, and the ability to describe business and user requirements in a manner that enables system administrators, application developers, and quality assurance engineers to understand, estimate relative effort, and deliver business functionality.
- 5+ years of experience as an IT Business, Data or Systems Analyst
- 5+ years of experience in providing business or data analysis
- 5+ years of experience documenting and analyzing business processes
- 3+ Years supporting business analyst work within ServiceNow
- 3+ Years supporting custom applications/technologies
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3+ Years supporting Service Management processes
- Experience managing or working on IT projects.
- ITIL, Lean or Six Sigma, PMP, or similar certification
- Represents project stakeholders and customers throughout planning, development, release processes
- Owns the relationship with project stakeholders to identify, model, and document business requirements
- Creates resource estimates with development
- Ensures design requirements are documented effectively
- Tests and coordinates training and communications
- Translate technical complexities to project stakeholders and customers, ensuring understanding of design decisions
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary