DB2 LUW Admin
Posted on Aug 29, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is looking for DB2 Administrator, and I wanted to know whether this would be of interest to you or not?
Job Role: DB2 Administrator
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Duration: 6months +
Salary: 650 CHF per day
- Installed, Configured and upgraded DB2 server software and related products
- Administered DB2 UDB for development, test and production environments.
- Upgraded many Fix Packs in version 8 and 9 and Supported v 9.5 to v 9.7 migration.
- Actively involved in figuring out the qualifying problems for IBM PMR, following up with the vendors and the teams involved.
- Automated REORG/Runstats/Backup activities and have the notifications sent to applications teams.
- Installed and monitored Disaster Recovery boxes and HADR for critical databases.
- Performed on call duties for SQL Server and DB2 databases.
- Supported multi application databases for SQL Server 2008, 2012.
- Performed daily activities like Database Creation, User access, Scheduling, Job set up, Backups/restores, etc
- Did document and communicate the status of progress against plans and took corrective action as necessary.
- Used different utilities like DB2TOP, SMITTY, DB2LOOK, etc.
- Strong understanding of database shared memory parameters and tuning memory parameters in Db and Dbm cfg.
- Supported ETl team and worked in offshore model.
- Performed offline and online backups, restore, redirect restore and roll forward activities and make sure they are complete and successful.
- Developed backup and recovery strategies depending on the customer requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please send me your CV ASAP for immediate consideration.
If you are not interested in the role but know someone that may be interested or a good fit for it, please help me and them out by sending me their details or them the details of this role so they can get in touch with me about it