IT Systems Administrator
Posted on Aug 29, 2020 by ITech Consult
IT Systems Administrator
Our client is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. They are a world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in AgroSciences CRO services.
They are currently recruiting for 2 x IT System Administrator for their office in Dungarvan County Waterford.
* Perform on-site and remote technical support for all UK and Ireland businesses. Provide users with appropriate level of support and advice
* Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
* Perform daily system monitoring utilising tools made available
* Verify integrity and availability of all hardware
* Build, configuration and implementation.
* Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the Servers.
* Patch Servers with Microsoft WSUS Critical Updates
* Ensure all systems are updated with the latest Ani-Virus definition files
* Administer, Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP
* Direct responsibility of the local network:
* Participating in the definition of the infrastructure design.
* Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the systems.
* Ensure adequate support is accessible to the users of the services.
* Ensure all necessary technical support is provided to all internal users and maintain users' satisfaction in the specific fields of responsibilities.
* Perform daily backup operations (where applicable)
* Ensure integrity of backup media and media is hosted off-site
* Perform regular test restores and DR testing
* The systems under responsibility are:
Workstation and laptops.
Files and backup Servers. (Physical and Virtual)
Switches, Firewalls and Routers.
* Act as backup for server and storage support, including front line support on general software (MS Office and business systems).
* 10% Travel required
* On occasion weekend and evening work will be required, often at short notice
* You will be expected to respond to any P1 emergency as the business requires
* BSc in Computer Science or Information Technology, ITIL certified, Microsoft certification, Cisco certification, Experience with NetApp and VMWare
* GXP experience essential for this role
* Experience in validation and support of pharmaceutical laboratory instrumentation and systems
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role, supporting a large organisation in a 2nd/3rd line role
* Minimum 5 years industry experience required
* Customer Orientated: Constantly working to exceed customer's expectations and handling all dealings with customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
Reference No.: 918687FK
Role: IT Systems Administrator
Location: Co. Waterford
Job Type: Permanent