Network Design Engineer
Posted on Aug 29, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
For one of the biggest Multinationals worldwide, we are looking for a Network Design Engineer.
This is a contract to perm opportunity. Location: Rijswijk (the Netherlands)
The digital transformation strategy of our client requires an increasingly flexible, agile and secure IT environment in order to enable best use of data, cloud services, personalization of user experience and connectivity of devices. Keeping the business goals and user experience in the forefront, our IT department has taken the decision to insource or directly procure a number of connectivity services. By taking greater control over key aspects of connectivity we can provide our users with better user experience, speed and agility, while maintaining operational effectiveness and efficiency. As a result, we are building a partially insourced and multi-vendor ecosystem for our connectivity products and services and will be developing new skills and capabilities. Come join us on this exciting and ambitious journey!
What's the role?
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be a part of our team IT's Connectivity Portfolio team and specific to the Edge Connectivity portfolio, where our locations need to be connected to provide access to the Internet and the internal applications. Your mission is to support projects with design engineering capabilities under the renewed model.
You are expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) covering the application of telecommunications and network technology deployed across the organisation. This covers all businesses, all location (offices, onshore plants, offshore plants, offices, trading floors, etc) and various types of projects including capital projects and IT projects.
Moreover, you will participate in projects and deliver the network designs and implementations required based on defined standards. You will be the key person in the project for all telecom and network elements.
More specifically, your principle responsibilities will include:
- Collect and document requirements by specifying the needed functionality, all the non-functional requirements and all dependencies (eg cabling, construction or electrical work needed);
- Create a standards-based design produced and signed off with the design assurance team;
- Work with architecture & portfolio to update standards in specific cases;
- Work with other designers to produce specific elements of the design requiring special knowledge;
- Develop an implementation plan and testing strategy which is aligned with business readiness and IT delivery timelines;
- Handover the design and implementation plan to the project manager and operations center for deployment and operations;
- Share knowledge obtained and learn from others as part of a natural team across architecture, portfolio, design, network engineers, operations and service management, amongst others.
What we need from you?
We're keen to hear from experienced Designer Engineers who have a bachelor's or master's degree preferably related to Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Extensive experience in leading and executing Telecoms project delivery, Telecoms operations, or IT consultancy assignments to design, develop and deliver viable network and telecom solutions;
- A high degree of technical network knowledge on traditional (IP) networks and systems as well as telecom solutions such as Satellite, Optical/Radio links, Wireless Canopy, Mobile Radio (DMR/Tetra), Microwave, Fiber Optics, Marine and Aeronautical Radio, Sub-marine Fiber and Access Security/CCTV;
- Extensive experience in Switches (Full configuration and VLAN setup on Cisco Switches) and Router (Full configuration and monitoring of Cisco Routers including VLAN's);
- Knowledge of project delivery methodology for managing both IT and Capital Projects in Oil and Gas (plus)
Are you ready for your next big challenge?
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.