IT Asset Manager/inventory control
Posted on Aug 29, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking an Asset Manager to adhere to processes and provide governance of the IT storerooms,document inventory re-allocation,ensure accurate data entry of IT inventory assets in the inventory & asset management systems,facilitate verification requests from auditing,& manage surplus. All work is onsite no remote
JOB PURPOSE: Adhere to processes and provide governance of the clients IT storerooms, documenting of inventory re-allocation, ensuring accurate data entry of clients IT inventory assets in the inventory and asset management systems, facilitating verification requests from auditing, and managing the surplus of outdated equipment.
1. Support the UITS team regarding design, implementation and updates to the asset and inventory systems 2. Receive and evaluate new and returned IT equipment, assign asset tags as required, and ensure all equipment is updated in the UITS IT inventory and asset database(s) 3. Coordinate with the UITS team to prepare timely staging of equipment for deployment 4. Organize, maintain and monitor IT equipment stored in the IT storerooms and warehouses 5. Maintain inventory of gently used equipment and provide channels for clients employees to acquire this equipment 6. Request shipments of new IT hardware from Central Receiving to properly manage and document assets 7. Ensure ITIM processes are followed 8. Request and coordinate facilities pick up of IT inventory surplus
- Demonstrated experience managing, documenting, and implementing inventory and asset processesRequired4Years
- Demonstrated ability to engage with appropriate departments to facilitate the validation assets & inventory to ensure accuracy and on-time processingRequired4Years
- Proven ability to anticipate problems and proactively develop appropriate solutionsRequired4Years
- Proven ability to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternativesRequired4Years
- Proven ability to interface appropriately and professionally with internal clients/stakeholdersRequired4Years
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), & time managementRequired4Years
- Experience managing projectsRequired4Years
- Proven experience building relationships, presentation skills, along with an ability to translate between technical & functional teamsRequired4Years
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (ie Microsoft Office suite)Required5Years
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skillsRequired4Years
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquetteRequired4Years
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".