Java Developer, Zurich
Posted on Aug 29, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our client, a Swiss Global Bank who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Java Developer for an initial 12 months with a strong likelihood for extension to be based at their Zurich site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Interesting and challenging position as Senior Software Engineer within EAP IT
- Responsibility for design and development of Trading Order and Execution systems
- Chance to independently investigate solution challenges and formulate solution proposals
- Responsibility for a professional and sustainable stakeholder management, incl. all main project counterparties and stream leads as well as stakeholders from across different divisions and levels
- Design and implementation of new application features and interfaces, as well as enhancements to existing capabilities
- Conceptualization and description of high-level data flows between core systems and upstream/downstream dependencies
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Java developer with 7+ years' experience (Java 8+, Spring)
- A very thorough understanding of Java technology fundamentals and design patterns used in Real Time transaction processing systems
- High level of experience with low latency platform (developing low latency, high availability multithreaded code)
- Experience in working in an Agile delivery model
- Very good understanding of Object Oriented Design and programming
- Experience with all phases of the software/system life cycle process
- Experience in test automation (unit, integration, acceptance tests etc.)
- Demonstrable experience of good OO design and programming
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills - English a must, German an advantage.
If the candidate possesses a solid understanding of FIX protocol, broker/exchange connectivity, Bloomberg/Reuters, and other relevant industry standards, this would be highly advantageous.
We welcome applications of consultants' who match most of the above requirements and are available on a short notice. There is a competitive Hourly rate available for the contract; alternative market rates are also welcome.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.