Senior Network Security Engineer
Posted on Aug 28, 2020 by Pelham Berkeley Search
We are hiring for a long term consultancy working onsite (*currently a remote role due to COVID*) at a top mid-sized Asset Management Firm in Manhattan as a Senior Network Security Engineer.
In a very hands-on capacity you will responsible for the support and administration of several core network security tools... interesting projects, very professional and high-end environment.
In summary you will:
* Assist in the design, implementation and configuration of security tools
* Configure and troubleshoot security systems including the SIEM, endpoint security solutions, application whitelisting tools, firewalls, penetration and vulnerability scanning and analysis .
* Daily support and administration of next-generation firewalls (Palo Alto and CISCO Firesight/Firepower)
* Client VPN and Multi-Factor Authentication, and IP space administration
* Network Access Control (Cisco ISE)
* 5+ years of hands-on work experience supporting enterprise security solutions ideally including experience with next generation firewalls such as Palo Alto and Cisco Firesight/Firepower.
* Must have in-depth knowledge of various network security tools ( Cisco VPN, Palo Alto VPN, Panorama, Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, NGFW, Solarwinds, IP Management tools, WireShark,.. .).
* Strong understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP,...), client VPN and multi-factor authentication, and IP space administration.
* Application whitelisting ( Bit9/Carbon Black, Lumension ,...) experience
* Security Information Event Management (SIEM) configuration and management experience ( Solarwinds, LogRhythm, Splunk,... ).
* Experience conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration tests (Nessus, Metasploit,... )
* Banking/Financial Services industry cyber security experience required
* Ability to create accurate system diagrams and documentation for design and planning network security systems.
* Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols .
* CCNP Security and/or CISSP preferred but not required.
* Completed Bachelor's degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study preferred.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$110k - $135k Annual