Posted on Aug 28, 2020 by The Royak Group Inc.
As an Abinitio Developer the ideal candidate will become part of a team responsible for the complete lifecycle and the management of ETL processes and database systems. Collaborating with business, development and testing teams, this role will facilitate accurate data reporting within company standards and maintain 24/7 system availability, investigate and analyze issues, as well as research opportunities for improvement of processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the tuning of ETL processes
- Leads the tuning of databases
- Responsible for timely project deliveries
- Leads in writing and reviewing software functional specifications and design reviews
- Provides guidance to more junior staff
- Provides input to continuously improve ETL process discipline and resulting output quality
- Participates in writing and reviewing software functional specifications and design reviews
- Collaborates with development teams, business units to identify, define, develop and implement new data source feeds
- Monitors usage of the Data Warehouse to identify potential capacity overloads and bottlenecks
- Assists with tuning of ETL processes and database performance
- Design and develop any/all necessary ETL processes
- Responsible for loading and validating data into the data warehouse
- Provides support for technical issues and ensuring system availability
- Remains current on Data Warehousing technologies, testing industry trends and best practices
- Ownership of projects and responsible for deliverables
Required skills and abilities:
- 5+ years of experience in software development utilizing Abinitio with Oracle databases in a distribution system environment is preferred.
- Complete understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Expert knowledge of application design principles, systems development and analysis.
- UNIX/LINUX and Oracle 12c experience
- Complete understanding of relational database design and architecture
- Solid understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) architecture and reporting mechanism using tools like Microstrategy.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Self-starter with "can-do" attitude, a must in a fast-paced business and technical environment
- Professional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate regularly and effectively with other team members.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development, work under own initiative.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work concurrently on multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor s degree preferred. Broad understanding of general business and management practices is preferred.