Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on Aug 28, 2020 by fortice
We are heading up a project on behalf of a global IT consultancy that require a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a major government project in Dublin.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will get an opportunity to understand the client business requirements and contribute to the medical devices manufacturing activities including,
- Validate manufacturing process and follow the established policies and procedures
- Utilizing LEAN, DMAIC, Six Sigma and other similar tools for day to day problem solving and improvement
- Work closely with manufacturing and maintenance engineering team to get machines up and running to capacity
- Move and install plant and building equipment, layout and make necessary pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic line connections as per equipment specification
- Document all relevant manufacturing specifications for the required mechanical machines
- Carrying out maintenance on mechanical systems and equipment
- Performing periodic inspections on plant, machinery and automated systems
- Scheduling planned and preventive maintenance work
- Ensuring that machinery and equipment are kept in good working order
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of spare parts for all machines to minimize downtime
- Assist the Lead Maintenance Technician with preventive and predictive maintenance on the facilities CNC and production machinery when necessary.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to inform of situations that may impact production
- Contact and interact with contractors for maintenance issues requiring outside expertise
- Compile records of equipment and machinery information to use as maintenance resources
- Repair, program, and troubleshoot control systems on plant equipment
- Calibrate, repair, program and troubleshoot robotic systems.
- Calibrate, repair, program and troubleshoot vision systems.
Our ideal candidate (Key Skills & Experience)
Primary Skills (Must have) - Experience in CNC machining and machine control.
- Experience in machine data connections
- Experience in regulated industry, ISO, FDA, AS, NADCAP etc. is preferred
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc. is preferred
- Experience with CNC machining including Siemens Unigraphics NX CAM programming.
- Quality Engineering and Inspection Test Method Experience
- 6-8 years of experience in Medical Device Industry utilizing automated equipment
- Experience in statistical analysis/SPC/validation of automated equipment
- Degree in Engineering/Science Discipline and Quality Engineering Qualification
- Master's degree in Engineering/Science Discipline an advantage
What you can expect
The manufacturing engineer (Mechanical Engineer) is responsible for medical devices manufacturing activities.
Machine Design, Equipment Maintenance/Troubleshooting, Preventative Maintenance Experience, Medical Device Manufacturing Experience, Process Validation Machine BOM, drawing updates, Process improvements defining equipment with detailed specifications, to the component level, building of equipment to specifications, testing, qualifying all aspects of the process.