NFV Openstack Telco Cloud Architect
Posted on Aug 27, 2020 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is currently hiring highly skilled Mobile cloud architects to work hands on in the Openstack Network Cloud environment for a leading mobile telecoms provider in the UK. To support Network Functions Virtualised (NFV) both within the team and across the Mobile Core directorate relating to Mobile Services using Cloud infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have experience of Cloud technologies based on Openstack solutions, with particular ability to On-board VNF environments and support 3rd party application deployments.You will be involved providing bare metal architectural services in Openstack environments and features with hands-on experience of opensource supporting products security/registry/logging etc.
Skills & Experience required:
- Deep understanding and practical experience of the 3GPP mobile network core, including physical and virtual nodes such as the MME-SGSN, SAEGW, HSS, etc. Ideally from Ericsson
- Deep understanding and practical experience of NFV ecosystem for mobile networks including the following:
- The local NFV infrastructure Telco Cloud topology, including leaf/spine switching, EPA, SR-IOV, DPDK and knowledge of COTS data centre Servers
- Hypervisor Software - ESXi and KVM
- OpenStack Control Plane - This could include Canonical, Mirantis and Red Hat based distributions, or other derivatives such as Cisco VIM, Ericsson CEE. Ideally Canonical Foundation Cloud experience, with knowledge of JuJu based Charmed OpenStack
- Software Defined Networking - OpenStack Neutron, OVS, Tungsten Fabric, Juniper Contrail, etc.
- Containers & Container Orchestration - LXC and Docker, Kubernetes and Swarm, deployed on OpenStack or bare metal. Ideally Ericsson CCD, but Canonical Charmed K8's, Mirantis KaaS or good experience with native K8 CAAS environments
- VNF & CNF onboarding - Deployment of virtualised and containerised network functions onto OpenStack and bare metal environments. Ranging from simple and highly complex telco-based applications/systems
- Orchestration templates and blueprints - The development of YAML, JSON, XML, TOSCA, etc. scripts to support V/CNF onboarding, including OpenStack Heat templates
- OpenStack and K8 opensource management tools - Grafana, Prometheus, Jenkins, etc.
- ETSI MANO - Cloudify, OSM, Cisco NSO/ESC, Ericsson Cloud Manager
Apply for immediate interview. Flint is a provider of services to the ICT Industry.