CSU Data Scientist, Basel
Posted on Aug 27, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our client, a Global Swiss Pharmaceutical company based in Basel, who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a CSU Data Scientist on an urgent basis for an initial 6 months with a strong likelihood for extension for their Basel site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analysing Digital Health sensor data, evaluating and implementing published algorithms on clinical datasets, establishing software frameworks for efficient and effective data exploration, and performing statistical analyses on Digital Biomarker data.
The successful incumbent will possess:
- A data scientist with experience in Digital Biomarkers, such as expertise analysing data from mobile medical devices, Digital Health sensors, large multivariate clinical data sets and real-world data (such as medical claims).
- The successful candidate will have diverse applied experience across the domain of Digital Health (wearables, ambient monitors, physiological, etc.) including the assessment of novel technologies, deployment into clinical studies, and be familiar with medical device processes such as technical and clinical validation.
- (with 3+ years of experience) or PhD in in a quantitative discipline (eg Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Epidemiology and Statistics; can also consider Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Decision Science, Quantitative Research, Econometrics, Computational Physics/Chemistry/Biology)
- Experience in working with complex numerical challenges/tasks
- Experience with applied (bio)statistics required (eg, mixed effects models)
- Experience with longitudinal data analysis is a plus
- Experience in medical field or analysis of human behavior is a plus
- Fluency in Python required
- Fluency in R, and/or Matlab is a plus
- Experience in digital biomarker validation is a plus
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.