Windows server Administrator
Posted on Aug 27, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Windows server Administrator under limited supervision, analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate business processes, upgrade or modify existing systems and review system-wide capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. Serves as SME for the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency. (GVRA)
*The role will be 100% onsite with telework schedule to be determined.
1. Serves as highest advanced level subject matter expert, providing authoritative guidance for professional staff.
2. Analyzes cost effectiveness of automating business processes and modification of existing systems.
3. Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems to determine feasibility and cost effectiveness of technology solutions.
4. Coordinates and links the computer and telecommunications systems within an organization to increase interoperability.
5. Develops and maintains test standards relevant to the development life cycle and change management processes and ensures staff meets those standards.
6. Develops detailed communication plans to support the introduction of newly developed network products and services.
7. Directs and develops, communicates and monitors quality assurance and testing project work plans and schedules for the application software development.
8. Expands or modifies systems to serve new purposes or improve workflow. Integrates hardware, software applications, and network communications to develop optimal solutions for business requirements.
9. Tests, maintains, and monitors computer programs and systems, including the coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate with a team.
3. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. Extensive knowledge and experience with administration of Microsoft enterprise infrastructures including Windows server 2, Active Directory, Systems Center 2016, Exchange, WSUS, MS SQL Server,
Office 365, Azure, Windows Virtual Desktop, Intune, Windows 10, Sharepoint, etcetera.
5. Knowledge of virtual machine technology including VMware vSphere 6 and HyperV.
6. Knowledge of backup technologies including NAS and SAN.
7. Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking fundamentals, IP v4 & v6, Routers, and Switches.
8. Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and ability to apply them with minimal impact to user productivity.
9. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
10. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
11. Proficient with or able to quickly learn systems and software used by the organization.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.