Senior System Engineer
Posted on Aug 27, 2020 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a Global Consultancy who require a Senior System Engineer for one of their clients.
This will be a long term contract based in Strasbourg, France
- Support of Mail Servers and mail relays for agency's core business systems (SISII and VIS).
- IT support, ranging from simple desktop and peripheral support to complex server and network issues.
- Asset and stock management of workstations, screens and peripheral equipment.
- Maintaining the Asset Inventory for all EUWS equipment.
- Imaging of the Workstation image.
- Maintenance of the Image.
- Active Directory management.
- Deployment of Windows 10 on the Workstation and preparation of W10 image.
- Deployment & collection of workstations.
- Providing Laptops for training/exercises reasons.
- Windows updates and Patches to all workstations (WSUS & 3rd party updates).
- Decommissioning/Sanitizing media (Hard disks, Memory modules, etc.) for all systems.
- Workstation user support.
- Escorting contractors in the Data Center.
- Implementing/Maintaining the infra of McAfee Endpoint Security solution. EPO (Endpoint Policy Orchestrator & Device Control).
- Minimum 4 years of relevant education (master or equivalent) after the secondary school.
- Minimum 9 years of relevant professional experience after higher education.
- Server management, Operating System (OS) knowledge (UNIX, Linux, Windows).
- Virtual Servers: VMware ESX would be an asset.
- Administration of Backup & Storage systems (knowledge of HP backup & storage systems would be an asset).
- Network infrastructure services (print server, DNS, ntp, etc.).
- Active Directory (AD)/LDAP Management.
- Knowledge and/or professional experience in IT operation processes incident, request fulfilment, change and problem management.
- Professional experience in maintaining workstations, imaging, Active Directory, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Active Directory experience.
- ITSM experience preferably.
- Security protection mainly using McAfee products.
- Experience with data centers and virtual centers.
- Suse Manager and Linux.