Information Technology Specialist
Posted on Aug 27, 2020 by Maveris
Maveris exists to help organizations reach their fullest potential by providing thought leadership in IT and cyber. We are hiring multiple full-time, permanent candidates to support a large Federal Government customer in the analysis and improvement of the customers Information Technology organization. The objective of this engagement is to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the organizations delivery of IT products and services by facilitating cohesive interaction and problem solving between the IT pillars. Teams will be embedded throughout the pillars where they will maintain ongoing awareness of the initiatives and work with their peers in other pillars as well as with Government personnel to identify opportunities for improvement and resolve challenges.
Candidates should possess knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following IT pillars:
* Infrastructure Architecture
* Software Development
* Information Security
* Interagency Program Collaboration
* Business Support
* IT Standards, Policy, and Best Practices
Multiple positions are available, junior through senior, with compensation being commensurate with experience.
* Provide assistance in the establishment of a performance management process to measure, monitor, and report progress of objectives
* Define an approach to assess the maturity of an organizations ability to integrate interrelated initiatives to include identification and prioritization of improvement opportunities
* Develop an organizational change management, communications, training materials and processes to optimize the collaboration among distinct organizational pillars
* Develop and maintain communication artifacts to include briefings, memos, documents, policies, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Assist in the development, management, and reporting of an organizational roadmap to include analysis of potential areas for improvement and prioritization of risks
* Facilitate identification and assessment of current and future states to include a transition strategy to obtain the future state
* Review and analyze projects, deliverables, risks, issues, and metrics for IT programs and projects to include developing efficient methods for delivery and reporting throughout the department, to Congress, and with external agencies.
* Provide support for the integration of IT programs, projects, deliverables, metrics, data, and services to include providing strategies and recommendations for mitigating integration/interoperability issues
* Evaluate program and project methods and procedures; present alternatives and recommendations for changes in methods and practices as well as participate in execution
* Familiar with federal and IT policies, standards, and guidelines
* Provide analysis and verification that IT strategic plans align with department and federal policies, standards, guidelines, and plans
* Identify and define functional and/or technical requirements applied to design, development, implementation, management, and support of systems and networks
* Facilitate formal and informal meetings and collaboration sessions that include parties of varying purview with internal and external stakeholders to share, research, intake, and improve upon IT best practices
* Provide insight and evaluation for the acquisition of IT products and services
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree or higher - equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
* Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
* Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team of peers
* Leadership Experience
Most positions will be onsite in the DC area an average of 2-3 days per week, telework/remote the rest. Some positions may allow more telework and some will be required to be onsite every day. Specific location may vary depending on the position and candidates should be flexible to accommodate a highly dynamic environment.
Due to COVID-19, this position will be 100% telework initially.
* 401(k) Matching
* Dental Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.