O&M Solar Energy Electrician (South West of England)
Posted on Aug 27, 2020 by PSH Operations
PSH Operations is a large-scale provider of O&M services to the renewable energy sector. We recognise and encourage team work, quality and creativity. We offer training and career development to all. PSH Operations is an exciting and rewarding place to work.
Following our recent merger and the rapid ongoing growth of the company we have exciting opportunities across the country for an O&M Electricians to join our team.
You will be part of a widespread and large team of Electricians in the South of England providing preventative and corrective site maintenance across the O&M portfolio.
You will have knowledge of DC, LV & HV systems and circuit protection and will be able to diagnose any issues remotely. All electrical work must be carried out in accordance with industry standards and good Health and Safety practices.
- You will work to a planned maintenance schedule
- You will respond in a timely manner to breakdowns
- Diagnose faults and Inspect work in progress and upon completion
- Repair equipment when necessary and Inspect work for satisfactory performance.
- Participate and provide on the job training to colleagues
- Review suitable stocks of supplies and equipment and request specialist components, fixtures or fittings as required
- Advise manager on required stock levels and cost
- Ensure compliance with PSH health and safety policy
- Recommend improvements and modifications
- Investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including the public
- Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report
- Recognise issues and assess risks and review any findings with management
- Participate in internal and external meetings as requested
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- Must hold 17th Edition Electrical Regulations qualification
- Senior Authorised Person or Approved Authorised Person preferred but not essential. (training can be provided)
- Experience of working with central inverter manufacturers would be preferable but not essential
- Must have been in a similar role for a minimum for 2 years with management responsibilities
- Worked on large scale solar projects
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the BS 7671 Wiring Regulation Standards
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of DC Electrical systems
- You must be able to understand site drawings and SLDs.
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with emergency situations
- Must have strong IT skills
- Must be hardworking, reliable and flexible
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- Must have strong communication skills
- Possess good attention to detail.
We are offering a dynamic and expanding role within a fast paced exciting environment. The salary for this role is highly competitive and fully negotiable depending on experience. This role includes a company vehicle, Laptop and mobile phone. PSH offer a competitive company pension scheme, holiday allowance and a death in service benefit along with excellent training and development for all staff.
If you have not heard back after 2 weeks from your application, unfortunately you have not been successful in making the next stage of our recruitment process.
Please follow the link to see what we do with the data you provide when you apply for this vacancy: