Posted on Aug 27, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an Automation Engineer. This person must be shift differential. This position will be a full time role that will last until 2023. This engineer will Performs/Supports DCS Programming Automation tasks. Candidate must be able to acquire and maintain a security clearance required for this position according to Army Regulation 50-6 (Chemical Surety). Must be able to obtain a DODI 8570.01-M IAT I, II, or Ill certification within 6 months of employment.
- Performs/Supports DCS Programming Automation tasks.
- Troubleshoots automation issues to support operations.
- Prepares automation engineering deliverables with oversight from supervisor (eg, temporary modifications, design change documentation).
- Interface with other disciplines, new and retrofit engineering design, submittals, attend meetings, coordination with suppliers, operations and maintenance support.
- Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and contract requirements, for the preparation of Automation engineering design documents, specifications, and system descriptions related to automation team tasks.
- Reviews, prepares, and/or checks engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
- Performs special tasks and consultation to co-workers and team as necessary to support the supervisor.
- DCS/PLC configurations experience along with experience integrating PLCs into a DCS system.
- Must be able to obtain a DODI 8570.01-M IAT I, II, or Ill certification within 6 months of employment.
- Specialized Knowledge:
- Field experience in supporting an industrial plant.
- Knowledge of typical industry electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/documents (eg P&IDs, single lines, logics)
- Equipment/system troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge with industry wide Microsoft development tools, such as Visual Basic, C++, VB.NET, ASP.NET and database systems, such as Access, Oracle and SOL Server.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Must be physically fit and able to work safely at a construction/operating site.
- Experience with Microsoft office programs, VISIO, and other common computer programs.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer, Electro-Mech, or Software engineering from an accredited institution with 3 years of related experience.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in relevant types of automation work (eg systems startup, field engineering, plant operations)
- Candidate must be able to acquire and maintain a security clearance required for this position according to Army Regulation 50-6 (Chemical Surety).
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.