Posted on Aug 27, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Our client in the NE Ohio area is looking for 3 Application/Python Developer Contractors for 7+ months. This position will most likely be remote for the majority of the project.
Build a GraphQL-based API suite using AWS AppSync, VTL templates, and Python-based Lambda functions in support of a client-side Vue/Quasar progressive web app being developed in parallel. Tune user-facing performance where possible using asynchronous operations, various available caching layers, and/or poll-based prefetching. Interface with other applications in the ecosystem including Salesforce Marketing Cloud and existing custom apps with RESTful APIs. Enhance existing ETL processes for underlying data sources, which run Python and Metaflow from Docker containers.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience building GraphQL backends
- Familiarity with AWS Lambda
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Experience with MongoDB and relational databases
- Experience with AWS AppSync and Cognito
- Experience developing in Docker containers
- Experience with Metaflow
- Experience both creating and consuming from RESTful webservices
- Experience with LAMP stack and PHP frameworks (Laravel and/or Symfony)
- Knowledge of cross-browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge, etc.) and cross-device (desktop, tablet, smartphone, iOS vs. Android) testing and compatibility
- Experience with continuous deployment architectural patterns of AWS, unit testing, and functional test automation
- Experience with agile project management methodologies and software development lifecycle
- Experience building solutions to support medium- to large-scale business initiatives
- Experience with CMS applications built on the LAMP technology stack
- 3+ years' experience with Back End Python development
- Experience with web-based responsive Front End projects and frameworks, such as Bootstrap and Sass
- Focused on quality deliverables with superior customer orientation.
- Seeks solutions on his or her own with effective and timely escalation.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment with a team of highly talented developers.
- Able to prototype new ideas and concepts, responds to changing priorities with agility.
- Ability to deliver functionality for a wide range of business systems via Intranet and Extranet applications.
- Able to share knowledge of existing capabilities provided by applications, technologies, and software design patterns for new functional designs.
- Utilizes technical expertise to develop solutions for unique and complex problems.
- Applies various technologies to develop alternatives and recommend best practices.
- Understands how technology solutions progress through life cycle phases of requirements analysis, solution design, development, testing, deployment, and decommission.
- Understands concepts and theories of development practices, techniques, tools and solutions across the Solution Development organization.
- Analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to build/maintain strong relationships and effectively partner with peers.
- Demonstrates initiative when interfacing with constituents.
- Strong communication skills.
If qualified and interested, please submit a resume and rate expectations using the link below.