SIEM Security Expert
Posted on Aug 26, 2020 by Source Technology
SIEM Security expert needed for my Client in Brussels for a 6 months contract.
Day rates on offer and this is remote for the time being.
Remote for the time being
In your role as subject matter expert you are responsible for getting the logs on-boarded in the SIEM, and develop event correlation rules that generate the alerts monitored by the tier 1 function.
Keep abreast of evolving cyber threats and identifying new and sophisticated methods of detecting them.
Interact with customers to gather requirements and ensure the implementation of cyber security solutions.
Responsible for the creation of procedures, runbooks, high-level/low-level documentation, implementation of processes and development of staff for managing and maintaining SIEM and it's components across internal and client environments.
- In depth experience in development and maintenance of SIEM use cases
- Strong knowledge of log formats and ability to aggregate and parse log data for syslog, HTTP logs, DB logs for investigation purposes
- Strong knowledge of network security zones, Firewall, IDS.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows platforms and cloud concepts.
- Experience administering multiple security technologies (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM).
- Experience with Security Assessment tools (NMAP, Nessus, Metasploit, Netcat)
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)