Indirects category buyer - Utrecht, Netherlands - permanent
Posted on Aug 26, 2020 by Global Enterprise Partners
Indirects Category Buyer - Utrecht - permanent opportunity
Global Enterprise Partners is currently looking for a Indirects Category Buyer for a client in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
This is a key role within the Global team, The buyer is responsible for transforming the category for the region Benelux in line with the global category strategy and in bringing a step change in savings/value (eg, quality, service, total vendor value) improvements by working together with the local operations to deliver the projects and actions as agreed. The Category Buyer supports the business to increase their revenue and GOP.
The buyer will be part of the Eastern Europe team, covering countries, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Russia and Scandinavia countries.
Key Responsibilities of this role
- Looking for experienced and committed individual who can supervise and develop a country category portfolio as well as lead European initiatives.
- Drive and implement global procurement strategies for the following Indirect categories: Real Estate, Facility Services, Employee Benefits and MarCom.
- Ensure that the optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and excellent customer service for the organisation in your country.
- Contribute and support the business in the ongoing development of the purchasing strategy for your categories through the introduction of leading edge and best practice techniques
- Work with the BENELUX CPO, the Regional Category managers and the Global lead buyers to ensure that the local strategy and coverage, category plans and vendor management are in line with the Group strategy,
- Ensure all procurement opportunities are investigated and realized where possible.
- Manage projects within agreed timescales and budget when required, in order to develop the efficiency and effectiveness of the procurement team.
- Ensure that category contracts and Framework Agreements are used appropriately at local levels, with a specific focus on Integrated Facility Management contract.
- 5-10 years of experience within a leading-edge company recognized for its purchasing excellence.
- Multi category experience, risk management, strategic sourcing and proven ability to work in a logical and thorough way with ability to pay attention to details.
- A track record of developing category plans and the associated achievement of cost savings.
- Ability to demonstrate innovative solutions to complicated purchasing initiatives, in a fast moving and demanding environment.
- Willing to travel to Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Native/fluent speaker and business fluent in English.
Are you interested in this opportunity and do you meet the requirements? Please get in touch with Marco Eindhoven of Global Enterprise Partners.