IT SECURITY ENGINEER - Global Financial Organisation - Cork, Ireland
Posted on Aug 26, 2020 by SKILLFINDER INTERNATIONAL
A contract position, as a IT Security Engineer, with a competitive day rate plus a modern office layout located in the centre of Cork.
- University Degree (or equivalent) in computer science, with at least 5 years professional experience in IT
- Sound experience with critical enterprise information security design as architect, security engineer or full-stack application designer
- Solid background understanding of base security concepts such as encryption, authentication, access control, signature, data integrity
- Very good understanding and practical experience of TLS and public-key cryptography
- Practical experience with the following technologies: Linux, Windows, Shell Scripting, RDBMS, Messaging Middleware, Web server
- Ability to digest various abstract requirements in the field of security, and map them to practical situations
- At least basic software development skills in a modern object-oriented programming language
- Good communication skills with the ability to justify and challenge security design decisions
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; French and German language skills are an asset
- Professional experience with application software development, esp. using Java and Go
- Experience with the specific security challenges posed by Internet-facing Web applications
- Experience with identity management/federation/SSO platforms, esp. OpenAM
- Experience with public Cloud services, esp. Microsoft Azure
- Experience with regulatory requirements and concerns: risk assessment, data protection
- Good understanding of Information Security Standard like ISO/IEC 27001
Working with a world renowned financial organisation, we are looking for highly motivated, solution-oriented IT Security Engineer, to work within the Investment Funds Service (IFS) IT department, to work as part of a working group acting in the domains of infrastructure, security and architecture.
As part of a working group acting in the domains of infrastructure, security and architecture, you will take responsibilities in a broad range of security engineering activities covering the entire IFS IT landscape.
Your assignments will include:
- Analysing and documenting the security of the IT system and application landscapes, along the criteria defined by the corporate Information Security department. This includes parts of landscape newly acquired from external companies. Your action typically ranges from operating systems to Web applications, and includes third-party software and public Cloud services
- Engineering, documenting and promoting innovative solutions for the information security risks identified in the scope of projects or applications; reporting on the existing open risks
- Interacting with the IT teams in charge of development, infrastructure, administration and operation, as well as with third-party vendors, in order to collect/communicate security-related information
- Going hands-on with the IFS IT systems so as to extract necessary security design information when it is not readily available
- Acting as the main IT security point of contact for specific projects; reporting to the IFS IT Security Lead
- Managing the interaction with the corporate Information Security department; ensuring that the information security compliance processes are adequately defined and enforced
- Analysing and driving the remediation of information security vulnerabilities; analysing relevant third-party patches and defining appropriate regression test cases and promotion processes
- Handling information security enquiries coming from customers, corporate Information Security, or internal/external auditors
Please only apply if you have the eligibility to work in Ireland.
For further information about this truly exciting opportunity and for an immediate interview, please get in touch without delay!