Big Data Engineer
Posted on Aug 26, 2020 by Orcan Intelligence
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Big Data Engineer with Hadoop and Kafka expertise, to join an award-winning and multinational business for an initial 3-month contract (potential for extension) in Berlin, Germany - remote position.
- Design and develop data applications using selected tools and frameworks.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools and frameworks.
- Perform tasks such as writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed.
- Two plus years' experience within the Big Data space.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as python and Scala.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, such as Spark and Hadoop.
- Data warehousing experience working in a large-scale Data environment.
- Open-source stream-processing software platform, such as Kafka and Apache Spark.
- Written and spoken English is a must, whilst other European languages are a plus.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your updated CV to Matthew Rea ( (see below) ).
Referral: If you are not interested but know someone who might be, we offer a €500 referral fee is your referral is successfully placed into this role.