Chiropractor/Acupuncturist (Per Diem)
Posted on Aug 26, 2020 by Hudson Medical Group
Be part of a young and dynamic team that has a revolutionary approach to medicine.
In 2010, we opened a medical practice with the goal of revolutionizing healthcare. For the last 9 years, weve been working towards that goal by building a team of 14 medical practitioners, 15 diverse specialties, and a unique approach to healthcare that focuses on positively impacting our patients lives. We are transforming the patient experience by offering both medical services and rehabilitation under one roof for total comprehensive care. We have two main offices in Tribeca and in the West Village. Over the years, we will have greatly expanded our functional and regenerative medicine programs and will continue to do so as the practice grows. At Hudson Medical Group, it is our mission to provide our patients with the most advanced medical treatment and expert care, and ultimately deliver an integrated and cohesive patient experience.
Hudson Wellness is actively seeking a per diem Chiropractor/Acupuncturist for our Tribeca and West Village locations. This position is an as needed basis and will require flexibility in scheduling. Our well-developed office space and protocols offer the chiropractic/acupuncturist to work alongside physical therapists and massage therapists as well as a full medical staff.
* Expected to be fully capable of treating all chiropractic and acupuncture scope of practice
* Strong communication skills
* Desire to work as part of a team
* Excellent leadership skills
* Ability to multi-task and manage patients in the treatment rooms cycling through acupuncture/chiropractic/medical massage
* Intermediate knowledge of medical billing and insurance process
* Punctuality with completing treatments on time so they can move onto other portions of their appointment(s) without delay
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
* Participate in staff development mentoring, education, and guidance.
* Willingness to participate in educational initiatives for staff, community and professional audiences
* Perform examination and treatment of various musculoskeletal pathologies of the spine and extremities
* Integration with other disciplines within Hudson Wellness to deliver a comprehensive coordinated approach to care
* Ability to provide manual therapy with a variety of techniques (i.e. spinal adjusting, extremity adjusting, Active Release Therapy, and Graston techniques)
* Formulation of a plan of care for treatment and ability to communicate with patient the course of treatment moving forward
* Ability to treat with local acupuncture (for acute, localized injuries)
* Knowledge of utilizing cupping, electro-acupuncture
* Trigger point acupuncture/dry needling
* Palpation skills, ability to identify muscles and have anatomy knowledge
* Identify precise locations on a patients body where needles should be inserted, or where electrical or heat stimulation is to be applied
* Explain acupuncture procedures to patients and prepare them for treatment
* 3+ years experience
* Doctorate of Chiropractic degree and/or Masters in Acupuncture
* Clinical expertise emphasizing differential diagnosis
* CEUs involving sports medicine acupuncture or trigger point acupuncture, a plus
* Expertise or certification in a subspecialty area preferred
* New York State licensure
EXPECTATION OF STAFF
Adheres to company policy and procedures; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with the administrator about department issues; demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload; consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position; meets department productivity standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit; use hands to handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee can regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Hudson Medical Group offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Hudson Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer